Why Live in Christies Beach?
A coastal suburb in the City of Onkaparinga, Christies Beach has a lot to offer to young families and first home buyers.
The recent residential development, upgrade of beach-areas and re-regeneration of the commercial precinct in and around the area, is fast transforming this southern suburb into a vibrant hub for beachside living.
If you’re wondering why you should consider Christies Beach to live in, then check out these 5 reasons:
- It is a seaside suburb. The beautiful wide sandy beach is an excellent backdrop to living in this area. In fact, Whitton Bluff is a natural vantage point from where you can see the entire suburb. Christies Beach has numerous parks and recreation facilities along the foreshore which includes continued planting of native vegetation, open green recreation spaces and a multi-recreational path for both walkers and cyclists connected to other coastal paths going north or south. All this is perfect for young families and couples who love beaches and a relaxed lifestyle.
- Shopping is right at your doorstep. Noarlunga Colonnades is just a few minutes away for all your shopping needs. This huge shopping centre with its newly added wing houses supermarkets, chemists, greengrocers, and eating establishments along with various favourite stores selling clothes, homewares, electronics and more. The commercial precinct on Beach Road which runs through Christies Beach also offers the opportunity to browse, shop and eat at a variety of cafes’ and restaurants.
- Mclaren Vale is close by. Within 20 minutes of driving, you can spend a day in Australia’s premier wine growing region of McLaren Vale and experience the impeccable hospitality and delicious local produce at the various child-friendly cellar doors, cafes and restaurants in this region.
- Enjoy Port Noarlunga. Another seaside suburb, Port Noarlunga is not far from Christies Beach. Enjoy the beautiful beaches and esplanade at Port Noarlunga or browse through the various eclectic shops in the area. Enjoy delicious cuisine at multiple restaurants, and cafes or go for a spot of fishing at the Port Noarlunga jetty. Port Noarlunga Reef is a popular diving and snorkelling spot for kids and adults. You can take your children to the unmissable Jubilee Park also known as the “wooden fort” adventure playground. You can even bring your kids for a hike along the many walking trails on the Coast Park Trail or along the Onkaparinga River.
- Close to schools. There are various schools in the area from kindergarten, primary to high schools. The Southern Montessori School at O’ Sullivan Beach has an early learning centre, a primary school and a middle school, while Saint John The Apostle School offers co-educational Catholic education from reception to year 7. For older kids, there is Cardijn College, a secondary school located within driving distance at Noarlunga Downs. Other schools in the area include: Christies Beach Primary School, Christies Beach High School, Christies North Kindergarten, Christies Beach Childrens Centre & Kindergarten and O'Sullivan Beach School.
If this does not convince you, then take a drive down to Christies Beach and discover this family-friendly suburb with a laid-back lifestyle that only comes with living near a gorgeous beach.